Thursday, January 26, 2012

How Do Y'all Get It Done!?

Normally I have it all under control (or at least pretend that I do) but last night it was like a slap in the face that I don't.  Maybe it is just that I am exhausted (oh please be that because I need to feel that I have it under control) it could be right? Right? RIGHT? Just tell me that is what it is!
When I say "under control" I mean that I can get the things done around the house and it doesn't bother me to have to do them.  Like make dinner, clean up the kitchen, fold the laundry, etc.  In truth I should be happy that I need to do them because it means I can feed my family, we have clothes to wear, and well the bigger picture I have these little blessing in my life.
It must be the exhaustion...
I got home from work last night, played with the kids for about 15 minutes then started dinner.  Upon which I ate dinner with the kids (hubs went to Ju-Jit-Su) then cleaned the kitchen, while I cleaned the dinner up/loaded the dishwasher I was filling the tub.  I then got the kids in the tub and took that time to work out.  Yes, I do my resistance training in the bathroom while my kids are in the tub (isn't that what everyone does, note the sarcasm).  After that I read to the kids and the popped on the TV so that I could fold laundry.  Then everyone went to sleep kicking and creaming  blissfully to sleep.  I was able to sit and read for about 30 minutes until hubs came home and I fell asleep  we watch Idol.  Today it is rinse, wash, repeat.  Oh no that isn't correct I got up at 5:45 am to hit the treadmill, my time that I usually zone out, listen to my music, etc., but this morning I watched Tangled.  Yup, P-nut heard the alarm and got up at the same time as me.  I thought hubs would have entertained her but she followed me to the dungeon.  I know, not the end of the world it was nice to have her with me, she talks to me, and apparently some of me has rubbed off because yesterday she stole hubs running shoes, put them on and began to jog in place on the treadmill screaming "I runnin, I win".  Oh the pride I felt!
Maybe what has made me in this funk is that a friend of mine asked if I wanted o use some free passes to check out the new gym that opened by us...  !?  I wouldn't join, so why tease myself.  I wouldn't use the membership, maybe in the summer when I don't work, but not now.  It wouldn't work with my schedule.  I have to squeeze my workouts in when I can.  Sometimes it is 10 minutes here, 20 minutes, 5 minutes.  It is what work for me. 
Apparently I am just in a mood, however, this vent has helped so THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment