Monday, March 21, 2011

Birthday

This past weekend we celebrated Bear's birthday.
Bear is my oldest.
He is getting so big.
Sad to think that he has one more year of pre-school and then it is off on the big yellow bus to kindergarten.
So this weekend it got me thinking of things.
Bear is our first child.
This little man entered our world and forever change life for hubs and I.
Not only was he born, but hubs and I were "born" as parents.
I had been a Aunt for 6 years.
A Godmother for 5.5 years.
But a MOM.  No.
This was something new.  Something that was the most amazing gift, a gift that would change "who" I was.
When the Dr. handed Bear to hubs (after what seemed like years, but we will get to that in another post) I remember looking at Bear's little face and asking hubs to just touch Bear's face to mine.  That moment, the memory of that touch, will be forever engraved in my mind.
I suddenly had dreams that were not my own.
Dreams and wishes for this little human that we were now responsible for.
I wondered; what he was going to look like, what his voice would sound like, what his personality would be.
Who he would be.
This little man has shown me stregnth and humor all in one.
He has a heart of gold.
A stuborn little mind!
He has 2 modes, on and off.
On is full on, never stop.
Off is sleep.
There is no in between mode.
He keeps me on my toes.  He has created a joy that I never knew exsisted. 
(sometimes he creates a mom that can polish off a bottle of wine in one gulp)
(but that is motherhood)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAR
MOMMY LOVES YOU
(this has sparked a thought in my mind, I am starting a once a week post about my pregnancy/delivery/newborn life with Bear)






No comments:

Post a Comment